If you a victim of domestic abuse this webpage will give you links to your local and national specialist services specific to your needs.
- For Adult Social Care and Safeguarding Concerns - 0345 678 9044
- For Safeguarding Children - 0345 678 9021
- For Telford & Wrekin Family Connect Service - 01952 385385
- For the Out of Hours Emergency Duty Teams:
- In Shropshire - 0345 678 9040
- In Telford & Wrekin - 01952 676500
- For Shropshire Domestic Abuse Service (SDAS) - 0300 303 1191 (Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm)
- For Galop - the National LGBTQ+ Experiencing Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 999 5428
- For the Men's Advice Line - 0808 801 0327
- For the West Mercia Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 7831 359 (24 hours)
- For the Respect Helpline (for anyone worried they may be harming someone else) - 0808 802 4040
- For Karma Nirvana (support for Honour Based Abuse) - 0800 5999 247
- For the Forced Marriage Unit - 0207 008 015
- See the Government Guidance on domestic abuse
- If you're worried about someone abusing you is monitoring your internet usage, find out how to hide your browser history here.
If you are a professional or volunteer working with a person who is subjected to domestic abuse, please also refer to the Shropshire Domestic Abuse Pathway and the Safeguarding Process in Shropshire on our Multi-Agency Procedures pages
Domestic abuse (also called domestic violence) is a crime and a major social problem affecting many families. In the ending March 2020 it is estimated 1 in 15 children lived in a household where there was Domestic abuse occurring.
Anyone can experience domestic abuse regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexuality or background this is true for both the abuser and the abused.